kristineweild

Living A Thousand Lives

Kristine | 19 | Doncaster, UK | Book Junkie | Bookworm | Couch Potato | Bipolar | Dating a Book Junkie <3

The Selection Review

The Selection  - Kiera Cass

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance, Fantasy, Teen, Chick Lit, Post Apocalyptic.

Publication Date: April 24th 2012

Pages: Hardcover, 336 pages

Published By: HarperTeen Publishers

Website: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

(Kiera Cass on Goodreads)

*************

Synopsis: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
- Via goodreads.com

My review: When I first saw this book, held it and read the synopsis on the back, I was like;

"OMG! I'm getting this!"

This book is indescribably addicting. I absolutely loved The Selection. It made me want to flip the pages every now and then and just freaking know what will happen next. This book transferred me into the other dimension and it feels like I'm really on the setting of the story. I even thought I'm actually America Singer. lol. I had a hard time bringing myself back to reality and coping up when I finished reading the book. Like, OMG! Seriously, my heart was literally beating fast throughout the whole time I read this book, and I just couldn't LITERALLY put the book down! I can't stop reading! TEAM MAXON FTW!! I don't like Aspen far the fact that he's making things difficult for America but he's pretty sexy, tho. But Maxon? OMG! He's thebombdotcom. I would marry him in a heartbeat.I don't know why America's thinking twice but yeah. I love Maxon. And I want America to choose him over Aspen. And America? She's so gorgeous! I love the way she talks, I love the way she thinks. I love America! She's so awesome she's just too honest about herself. :)

Favourite line: “No, I’m not choosing him or you. I’m choosing me.” - America Singer
Favourite Part: When America wrote a letter for her family. I really giggled on that part. Like, SERIOUSLY. Specially the part where she wrote a letter for May.
Favourite Character: America Singer. She's stubborn and difficult. But I love her because she is always herself, she don't have to pretend just to get something the she wants. I love how she is selfless and how she loves her family. Specially May and her Dad. She has so much passi
on, and she's aiming high for her dreams but DEFINITELY NOT forgetting where she came from and how to be herself.

Why did you read this book?

* My friend recommended this book to me. At first I was very hesitant to try it because I thought the story is just a "MODERN" Disney princess story. But boy! I was wrong. I was walking on heaven (well, not actually heaven but the bookstore) to buy "Divergent" when I saw a light blue colored book. The cover is very catchy and it felt like it's pulling me towards the shelf where it stands. I grabbed it and read the back part of the book where a synopsis is written and I was like, "Omg. I need this book in my life." And I just grabbed and bought it instead of Divergent. lol.

Rating: 5 sunflowers. <3

(Reviews are based on my own experience while reading the book. It’s my thoughts. If I ever harmed or hurt someone, please believe me I didn’t intend to hurt anyone.)

xoxo,